Saturday, October 29, 2005

An Oasis

After a very lazy moring with an excellent breakfast, Y and I did the perquisite grooming duty and headed out to the Highlands to just stroll around and window shop.

We parked right in front of Guitar Emporium (which with great restraint, I avoided) and strolled down the east side of the block. We stopped in "Scorpio Interiors", which was filled with very nifty, very mod (some very moderately comfortable) furniture. We saw lots of stuff that would look great in here, but nothing we wanted to buy until the kids and the animals are gone.

We cruised further north on Bardstown Rd, and stopped in an antique-consignment shop, and a few odd retailers, running into K.S., and D.K., who were buying beads. Saw lots of folks on bikes, many with really big backpacks which seemed full. Hmmm.....

The high point of the day was the stop at Cumberland Brewing. We each had a glass of their "Nitro Porter". WOW! Meal in a glass. That wonderful breakfast had suddenly, and inexplicably worn off, and I was shaky and irritable. Goddammed good thing we stumbled across the brewpub. The porter was extremely fortifiying.

"A loaf of bread in a glass", the young barmaid intoned.

Too right. Brought home a growler and drank it.

Crap. It's after midnight. Well, actually if one takes into account the "Fall Back", it's only after 11. I have a 50 mile ride tomorrow. I'm sure I'll suffer, as I've had a few refreshing adult beverages. The only saving grace is that the ride will start an hour later. (According to my body clock)

Gods help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home