Saturday, November 06, 2004

Snake Eyes

A love song of sorts which I wrote some 10 years ago.


Shell-shocked by keepsakes of pain I'm tethered to you
By chains at the heart you're rooted to me
Naked and wild-eyed we tread on the heels of love
Seeking the beast in ourselves or only seeing the eye of the storm
Still to come

Stock still, you try to run from me
Like lovers in the stories no place for us to be
Merely shadows at high noon with the sun behind a cloud
Our story's surely written with chalk on a petal
Or a funeral shroud

Blinded by passion, hoodwinked by lust
We tread the great unknown
I blaze trails, you burn bridges
We dance like fireflies
The shadows we create obscure the ones we've cast
We've cast the mold, the dice are cast
Snake eyes.
No chance to roll again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home